Gua Sha is designed to lift and sculpt the face and revitalize the skin. Simply follow these 7 steps:
- 1. To begin, start with a freshly cleansed face. Apply your favourite facial oil/moisturizer all over the face and neck.
- Take the flat edge of Gua Sha and stroke upwards from the tip of your shoulder to the point where your jaw and ear meet. Repeat 5 times on each side.
- Move to the neck and throat. Stroke in upward motions 5 times each area; right, left and middle.
- Focus on the jawline with notched edge. Stroke up towards your ear 5 times on both sides.
- Switch back to the flat side and focus on the cheeks/cheekbones. Repeat 5 times on each side.
- Focus on your forehead. Start in the centre of the forehead and swipe up and out towards the hairline. Repeat 5 times over each eyebrow.
- Once complete, clean Gua Sha thoroughly with soap and hot water.
A study on Gua Sha found that the practice can increase microcirculation (circulation in a specific isolated area) by up to 4 times the normal amount. This active, daily increase in circulation in the face can help skin look fresh, full, and give you a healthy glow.
50g, 95 x 50 x 6mm
I ordered a bunch of gua sha’s as gifts and I’ll be ordering more again soon. Quality pieces, delivered quickly and with a sweet little note if I remember correctly.